Captive in Darkness Captive in Darkness

That made me smile! Nothing this decent in the just posted section any more! Smooth playing, greatly mixed everything. Only possible problem is the vocals high EQ's were a bit hissy. Apart from that. Nice! 4.5/5.

- SQ

larrynachos responds:

I agree, the vocals were a bit eckh, but I mixed it on a special computer, so they sounded fine there. Thanks for the review!

Starfall Starfall

A truly beautiful piece. I replayed the piano solo at the beginning, but I could not hear any obvious clipping. I agree the Mixing isn't all there, but nothing an hour and a half can't fix. I must admit that bass you have going on there sounds so good, just too wide! And I'm not sure about that tone of guitar. I think the set up was slightly out. But like you said the composition is sound, just need to polish the track up a little. 4/5 - Keep up the out standing work!

-SQ

BlazingDragon responds:

Yeah, choosing a guitar tone was giving me a massive headache. Especially since I have no experience with guitar! I'll work some more at that. :)

Thanks for the helpful review!

Ghost Town Ghost Town

I feel your voice is heavily tuned? Also your Hi EQ's are a bit over boosted. Either all of that or I am just jealous at the fact you are a better singer than me ;) Nice tune over all.

etherealwinds responds:

There's no Autotune at all, just reverb, a sound gate and EQ ^^ I'm still not sure why some people think my voice has been autotuned, it gets a bit frustrating :p

Thank you though!

SNES Beavis & Butthead SNES Beavis & Butthead

Very decent playing indeed, only problem is those drums my friend!

GoreBastard responds:

Cheers mate. I totally agree. The drums are total shite!
I've gotten a new PC since recording this, with a copy of EZ Drummer, but I've not done any recording with it yet.

Thanks for checking it out!

Classically Classically

That sounded rusty as hell. You really need to sort out all of your note placement. It made no sense as some of the progressions sounded nice, but were then ruined.

Optimism Optimism

Really develops into a nice tune........very strange but works.
Check out my stuff!

-SQ

Out of Luck Out of Luck

Great feel my friend! Sounds like it could defiantly be an intro to a movie or something :) Only one query, it's awful but I don't like the sound of that snare when it first comes in, needs more ping to it :)

Tearelle responds:

Thank you very much. :D It's okay, I think that's a pretty justificated reason. Thank you so much for the feedback, I'll see what i can do in future songs :)

Mario Paint: Doomsday Zone Mario Paint: Doomsday Zone

I litterally just completed this again the other day and it has the right adrenaline as the level!!!

8Bit Metropolis Remix 8Bit Metropolis Remix

this is sweet as hell!!!!! you nailed it!!

Happy New Djent Happy New Djent

I loved your mixing on this, you might need to however make sure you don't turn the middle up on the EQ'ing after math (after recording) as it is over muffling the sound and causing it to peak the speakers and makes the tone sound too bass crowded. The drums were EQ'ed nicely, the kick drum popped out and sounded good, the sound of that snare was also pleasing to my ears :) As for the layout, it was all placed nicely :) the length was also nice, but I actually would've liked to heard more of the song; maybe add a beat down section with a complete bridge change after? Over all Bloody brilliant piece of audio! I'd like to hear more :)

/Nick

adilovemetal responds:

thanks Nick :)
I will make this into a full length song, with vocals.. atleast i will try :P
thanks again \m/